1) By accepting this Terms and Conditions, parent confirms that his/her child has permission to participate in all camp programs, camp trips, special outings planned and supervised by Science Quest.
2) The directors reserve the right, at their discretion, to withdraw any camper whose influence or actions are deemed unsatisfactory, dangerous or incompatible to the Camp community or who will not live within the rules and policies of the Camp. If this occurs, no reduction or return of fee, or any part thereof will be made. Parents will also be responsible for any extra costs associated with returning their child home early.
3) Children maintaining the highest standard of conduct is required at all times. Using profanity, disparaging dialogues, physical violence or threats during participation in Science Quest is strictly prohibited. Camp rules and instructions of Science Quest counselors and staff must be followed at all times.
4) Science Quest is a safe and welcoming environment that recognizes and is respectful of the diverse nature of the Queen’s and Kingston Community. Discrimination or harassment based on, among other grounds, race, religion, gender, handicap, ethnicity, national origin or sexual orientation may result in being sent home without refund.
5) Campers must be signed in and signed out each day by the camper’s guardian or an approved individual. Upon sign out, the guardian/individual must present photo identification to the camper’s instructor. Campers may not leave with individuals without photo ID.
6) The copyright of all photography appearing on our brochures or websites belongs to Science Quest. No reproduction may be made without prior permission from the Science Quest management.
7) In the event that a parent/guardian cannot be reached in an emergency when child is under Science Quest supervision, by accepting this Terms and Condition, the parent gives permission to Science Quest to secure a medical examination if required and for physicians, nurses and paramedics to administer proper treatment including injections, anesthesia, or surgery as needed.
8) All prescription medicine provided by a licensed Doctor must be turned into the camp staff upon arrival with instructions in English and in original packaging.
9) All your child’s personal belongings are their own responsibility, unless loss or damage is proven to be due to Science Quest willful negligence. Expensive and treasured items such as jewelry, designer clothes or shoes, trainers, phones/electronics, etc., should not be brought to the camp.
10) Science Quest has zero tolerance for the possession/consumption or suspected possession/consumption of alcohol or drugs, smoking/vaping at any time by any participant of any program regardless of age.
11) No electronic equipment, including but not limited to: mobile phones, computers, TVs and video games are allowed at camp.
12) Parents agree to support Science Quest Program by encouraging children to abide by the highest standards of positive conduct. They will discuss constructive concerns, if any, regarding Science Quest Program, counselor or staff behavior or company policies with Science Quest management.
13) Parents agree to pay for property damage caused directly, or indirectly, as a result of negligent action of their child.
14) The camper account will be charged for before or after care fees for the week if the camper(s) was more than 10 minutes earlier or later than the assigned drop off or pick up time slot.
Incidents of misconduct will be dealt with as follows:
Violations of the laws of the land including incidents related to drug or alcohol consumption, assault, theft or vandalism will be handled with the assistance of Queen’s University Campus Security and Emergency Services and, where appropriate, City of Kingston Police.
In all cases where serious misconduct has occurred, or is suspected to have occurred, students, parents and if applicable, school officials, will be notified and individuals will be removed from the program immediately at their own expense.
If the situation is judged to be very serious, such as in the case of assault or abuse (verbal/physical/psychological), the above steps may be waived and immediate dismissal from camp may be warranted.
2. Identifying Purposes
We collect, use and disclose Personal Information to provide you with our services you have requested. The purposes for which we collect Personal Information will be identified before or at the time we collect the information. In certain circumstances, the purposes for which information is collected may be clear, and consent may be implied, such as where your name, address and payment information is provided as part of the order process.
Knowledge and consent are required for the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information except where required or permitted by law. Providing us with your Personal Information is always your choice. However, your decision not to provide certain information may limit our ability to provide you with our services.
4. Limiting Collection
The Personal Information collected will be limited to those details necessary for the purposes identified by us.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
Personal Information may only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected unless you have otherwise consented, or when it is required or permitted by law. Personal Information will only be retained for the period of time required to fulfil the purpose for which we collected it or as may be required by law.
Personal Information will be maintained in as accurate, complete and up-to-date form as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is to be used.
7. Safeguarding Customer Information
Personal Information will be protected by security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information. We take all reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information from any loss or unauthorized use, access or disclosure.
9. Customer Access
Upon request, you will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information, and will be given access to it. You may verify the accuracy and completeness of your Personal Information, and may request that it be amended, if appropriate. However, in certain circumstances permitted by law, we will not disclose certain information to you. For example, we may not disclose information relating to you if other individuals are referenced or if there are legal, security or commercial proprietary restrictions.
Upon registering for camp, a fifty dollar ($50) non-refundable deposit will be emplaced.
If cancellations are arranged with Science Quest more than five days (5 days) in advance, a full refund minus the $50 deposit will be given. Cancellation requests with less than 5 days’ notice will be charged in full unless under extreme circumstances as decided by Science Quest.
NOTE: There is no charge for switching weeks of camp (pending availability).
In the event that a camp is cancelled by Science Quest due to unexpected circumstances or low registration, any registrants are entitled to a full refund in any camp fees including the $50 deposit or registration in a different Science Quest camp of the same camp type (i.e. only camps of the same price can be exchanged for one another or addional charges may apply).
Please note that Science Quest’s policy requires that no more than 90% of camp fees can be awarded as a bursary. Any bursary request that is greater than 90% will be treated as a 90% bursary.
To ensure that our bursary fund is distributed as fairly as possible, the maximum bursary amount that can be awarded to any singular family is $400.
In the event that your camper has contracted a contagious illness or condition (i.e. flu, pulmonary infection, head lice, measles, mumps, fever, etc.), we strongly encourage you to keep your child at home. If Science Quest Directors decide that your child’s condition is a danger to themselves and/or the people around them, they will be sent home to recover. If this results in missing at least 4 of the registered camp days for the week, the purchaser will be refunded the full cost of camp, except the $50 deposit.