Online Participation Policies
1) The parent/guardian confirms that his/her child has permission to participate in all online camp programming planned and presented by Science Quest. This includes watching videos, participating in live Q&A sessions, and following along with any written lesson plans.
2) The Director Team reserves the right, at their discretion, to remove any child whose influence or conduct is deemed inappropriate, dangerous, or incompatible with Science Quest’s vision for the Online Camp experience. If this occurs, no revision or refund of any fees will be made.
3) Children are always required to uphold a high standard of conduct. Using profanity, disparaging dialogues, physical violence or threats during participation in Science Quest programming is strictly prohibited. Camp rules and instructions of Science Quest instructors and staff must always be followed.
4) Science Quest is a safe and welcoming environment that recognizes and is respectful of the diverse nature of Queen’s, Kingston, and the greater community. Discrimination or harassment based on, among other things, race, religion, gender, disability, ethnicity, national origin or sexual orientation will result in the child’s removal from all Online Camps with no refund (if applicable).
5) Children must be verbally “signed in” and “signed out” by the child’s parent/guardian or an approved individual during any live sessions. Children will not be permitted to enter a live session without being “signed in.” The location of the child(s) must be communicated to a Science Quest staff member if it differs from the address given during camp registration.
6) Science Quest has zero tolerance for the possession/consumption or suspected possession/consumption of alcohol or drugs (including smoking or vaping) at any time, regardless of the age of the child. If a child’s possession/consumption of alcohol or drugs is witnessed by a Science Quest staff member, that child will be removed from all Online programming without refund.
7) Use of additional electronic equipment, including but not limited to mobile phones, TVs and video games is strongly discouraged during Online Camps, unless otherwise instructed.
8) Parents/guardians agree to support Science Quest programing by encouraging children to abide by the highest standards of positive conduct. They will discuss constructive concerns regarding Science Quest programming, staff conduct, or company policies with Science Quest management.
9) Parents will be responsible for any losses incurred to Science Quest as a direct result of the inappropriate conduct of their child.
10) All content in the Google Classroom is solely owned by Science Quest. Any distribution or modification of the material posted in the Google Classrooms is strictly prohibited.
11) The copyright of all photography appearing on our brochures or websites belongs to Science Quest. No reproduction may be made without prior permission from the Science Quest management.
Incidents of misconduct will be dealt with as follows:
1) Violations of the laws of the land, including incidents related to drug or alcohol consumption, assault, theft or vandalism will be handled with the assistance of Queen’s University Campus Security and Emergency Services and, where appropriate, the local police.
2) In all cases where serious misconduct has occurred, or is suspected to have occurred, students, parents and if applicable, school officials, will be notified and individuals will be removed from the program immediately at their own expense.
3) If the situation is judged to be very serious, such as in the case of assault or abuse (verbal/physical/psychological), the above steps may be waived and immediate dismissal from camp, legal action and/or police involvement may be warranted.
2. Identifying Purposes
We collect, use and disclose Personal Information to provide you with our services you have requested. The purposes for which we collect Personal Information will be identified before or at the time we collect the information. In certain circumstances, the purposes for which information is collected may be clear, and consent may be implied, such as where your name, address and payment information are provided as part of the order process.
Knowledge and consent are required for the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information except where required or permitted by law. Providing us with your Personal Information is always your choice. However, your decision not to provide certain information may limit our ability to provide you with our services.
4. Limiting Collection
The Personal Information collected will be limited to those details necessary for the purposes identified by us.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
Personal Information may only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected unless you have otherwise consented, or when it is required or permitted by law. Personal Information will only be retained for the period required to fulfill the purpose for which we collected it or as may be required by law.
Personal Information will be maintained in as accurate, complete and up-to-date form as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is to be used.
7. Safeguarding Customer Information
Personal Information will be protected by security safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity level of the information. We take all reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information from any loss or unauthorized use, access or disclosure.
9. Customer Access
Upon request, you will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information, and will be given access to it. You may verify the accuracy and completeness of your Personal Information, and may request that it be amended, if appropriate. However, in certain circumstances permitted by law, we will not disclose certain information to you. For example, we may not disclose information relating to you if other individuals are referenced or if there are legal, security or commercial proprietary restrictions.