“I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand.”
Science Quest seeks to empower youth in STEM by breaking down socioeconomic barriers to facilitate growth and learning. Through fun and engaging workshops and camps, Science Quest sparks scientific interest by erasing stigma and demonstrating the real world applications of STEM.
Mandate of Science Quest
- To offer a program to children of elementary school age in the Kingston area which will stimulate and foster an interest and appreciation for science, engineering and technology.
- To provide the opportunity for all children to experience science first-hand regardless of background, aptitude or gender.
- To provide programming for participants regardless of their financial situation or academic background.
- To provide role models in STEM fields, particularly in engineering.
- To introduce university to children as a non-threatening institution, by exposing them to the engineering laboratories and facilities at Queen’s.