To this end, Bridgewater went in on UNH. Kinsey [00:34:43] Thank you so much for listening to the first part of our conversation with the incredible Ray Dalio. Raymond Thomas Dalio (born August 8, 1949) is an American billionaire hedge fund manager and philanthropist who has served as co-chief investment officer of Bridgewater Associates since 1985. Maturity is the ability to reject good alternatives in order to pursue even better ones. Ray Dalio: Coronavirus Is Just The Thing Humanity Needed To Build A Bright And Exciting Future. Ray Dalio is one of those people. Ray Dalio, founder of the world’s largest hedge fund, Bridgewater Associates, sees precedents for this era that is so often labeled as “unprecedented,” and he’s worried. When we look back on the biggest calls of the 2018, no doubt the word “stupid” is going to stand out. Isolation may be getting to the Wizard of Westport. With US stocks at record highs, billionaire hedge fund manager Ray Dalio warned that growth is unsustainable and a “big squeeze” is coming. Ray Dalio says money managers should get used to near-zero interest rates. They should also stop hoping for a V-shaped recovery, argues real estate billionaire Sam Zell. Dalio is the founder, Chairman and Co-Chief Investment Officer of Bridgewater Associates, which he started out of … Ray Dalio says 'cash is trash' and advises investors hold a global, diversified portfolio Published Tue, Jan 21 2020 8:32 AM EST Updated Tue, Jan 21 2020 12:01 PM EST Michael Sheetz @thesheetztweetz He founded Bridgewater in 1975 in New York. Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) futures were flat on Wednesday, pointing to a nervous stock market open. While the late-March acceleration of the COVID-19 pandemic resulted in a somewhat lackluster quarter, Dalio believes the company’s future is bright. Ray, I want to ask you a big question about the future of capitalism. 957 quotes from Ray Dalio: 'If you’re not failing, you’re not pushing your limits, and if you’re not pushing your limits, you’re not maximizing your potential', 'I learned that if you work hard and creatively, you can have just about anything you want, but not everything you want. Author: Jon Shazar Publish date: And I'm going to, but we're going to save the answer for part two of this interview. Bridgewater Associates founder Ray Dalio sat down with Business Insider EIC Henry Blodget to discuss his book "Principles: Life and Work," the culture of Bridgewater, and his outlook for the future. Ray Dalio says gold will be a top investment during upcoming 'paradigm shift' for global markets. Within ten years, it was infused with a US$5 million investment from the World Bank's retirement fund.. Dalio was born in New York City, and attended C.W. Ray, I want to ask you a big question about the future of capitalism. But by early 2017, Trump's populism and … Billionaire investor Ray Dalio was optimistic about a pro-business Donald Trump presidency immediately after the 2016 election. Ray Dalio in heated debate says capitalism is denying 'the American dream' Published Mon, Apr 8 2019 8:43 AM EDT Updated Wed, Apr 10 2019 1:18 PM EDT Jeff Cox @jeff.cox.7528 @JeffCoxCNBCcom They should also stop hoping for a V-shaped recovery, argues real estate billionaire Sam Zell. Billionaire Ray Dalio says coronavirus marks the start of a 'new future' Published Wed, Apr 22 2020 3:10 AM EDT Updated Thu, Apr 23 2020 9:21 PM EDT Karen Gilchrist Ray Dalio says money managers should get used to near-zero interest rates. Kinsey [00:34:43] Thank you so much for listening to the first part of our conversation with the incredible Ray Dalio. And I'm going to, but we're going to save the answer for part two of this interview.