If you want a good HD picture, without the hassle of losing sound, I would recommend you switch your HDMI connections to Component Cable connections -- Component cables NEVER lose sound.
My problem concerns audio dropouts when using my HDMI-connected nVidia Shield Android TV box (HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compliant). Restarted AppleTV, no change. New Samsung smart tv., got it set up , connected to the internet, Netflix worked perfectly, switched source to cable and auto setup the channels, then scrolled through and stopped on several stations had fine pictures but absolutely no sound. My Samsung Smart T.V.

There is some random cutting in and out of the sound.

Find more about Troubleshooting Sound Issues on your Samsung TV with samsung support FAQ for Samsung TV. Its a Brilliant TV apart from an annoying loss of sound for a split second every now and then when any dialog is spoken. At times vol.

I'm also having an issue with the intermittent black screen, I have not noticed if there is still audio, but when I power OFF the TV, then ON, my screen is normal. This is a new T.V.

The reason you lose sound from time to time is because the TV and the Cable box have problems hand-shaking. Try different sound settings on your TV or sound system. It was only a split second of lost sound a few days ago and happening only about every 20 minutes or so but now the sound loss can be a second or two even. Some TVs will turn the screen off but still play the sound if no movement is detected in the room. 1. I have one other 4K mini connected to a newer samsung …

Samsung had me reset sound yesterday but it happened again just a few hours later. Sound randomly cuts out, change station and sound is ok and change back to station we were watching. (50 inch 6 series NU6950) sound is interupted for a few seconds.

When it goes back to the national feed, the sound comes back.

There is some random cutting in and out of the sound. My Sony Wega KFWS60S1 (a DLP) will go black all of the sudden, losing video and audio. (that's all that I've tried) Thank you. My problem concerns audio dropouts when using my HDMI-connected nVidia Shield Android TV box (HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compliant). Find more about Troubleshooting Sound Issues on your Samsung TV with samsung support

Television Has No Sound Answer 4: Make sure there is not a pair of headphones connected to the TV audio out jack on the side or front of your TV.. Television Has No Sound Answer 5: Check all of the cables that are connected into the back of your TV. At that time the sound drops for less than a second but it will happen constantly and the TV is unwatchable. Hello, My samsung TV sound goes out randomly. Samsung TV - UN65MU8000FXZA - Digital Audio cable from TV to Sonos TimeWarner Cable Box - Connected to TV via HDMI cable As my tv is nearly 6 years old now it could of course be a fault in the system somewhere, but if so, it's limited to the tuner somewhere as audio routing of external devices via HDMI is fine, thus far at least. T.V. Its a Brilliant TV apart from an annoying loss of sound for a split second every now and then when any dialog is spoken. In my case, my new TV, a UE55M5512, replaced our previous TV, a UE46F6200.

NOTE: Some troubleshooting steps may be different from your (Samsung, SONY, LG, Hisense, TCL, VIZIO) TV or remote control but generally will work the same to fix the problem. This started at about the same time Samsung and Toshiba owners started reporting issues.

Here is my setup. In my case, my new TV, a UE55M5512, replaced our previous TV, a UE46F6200. I do not have cable company T.V. Same tv, same problem. Sometimes as often as every 60 seconds or so. I have recently bought a Samsung UE46C6000 LED TV from Curry's. We also had their 32" HD--it suddenly and completely lost sound.

FIX TV SCREEN THAT RANDOMLY GOES BLACK. And it's still HD, just as much as HDMI is. I have recently bought a Samsung UE46C6000 LED TV from Curry's. This happens with the cable TV input, and the DVD input. (I have a second 720p AppleTV on an upstairs TV). TV My Samsung TV intermittently loses audio when it goes to a local commercial. I'm also having an issue with the intermittent black screen, I have not noticed if there is still audio, but when I power OFF the TV, then ON, my screen is normal. or Netflix. If I turn the TV OR the cable box off then back on, it restores the sound. ... You can no longer post new replies to this discussion.
I just got a new Samsung Smart tv. Check that POWER SAVER/ENERGY SAVE MODE is set to OFF.