Beyond the very basic hues are secondary colors. Therefore, in order to make brown in painting, printing, and digital art, you need to combine colors. If you only mix a little bit of orange with your blue you will just get a muted blue, continue to add more of the appropriate color until you reach a brown hue. Most of the brown mixing examples I use here use paint as the medium.

Step 2: Combine equal portions of the primary colors and mix them together with the palette knife, which should give you a muddy brown. To learn more about complementary colors and color mixing you can read ‘Color Mixing with Oil Paint’.

Primary colors do not make brown.

Muddy Opaque White Color:-If I take a brown acrylic shade on a color mixing palette mixing it with the white color acrylic shade, it will result in an opaque Light brown shade. These are achieved by mixing two primaries: red and blue produces purple; yellow and blue make green; while yellow and red yields orange. The look on their faces is magical!

Step 3: Add a very small amount of white.Use less than you did of the other three colors. Brown is considered a tertiary color because it can be made by mixing a primary color (red) with a secondary color (green). Tertiary colors are yellow-orange, red-orange, red-violet, blue-violet, blue-green, and yellow-green. In my years of teaching color, I have discovered that there is a tendency for artists to gloss over the important concept of complementary colors. Simple guide where I show you how easy it is making the brown color using other colors. Brown is considered a tertiary color because it can be made by mixing a primary color (red) with a secondary color (green). The six tertiary colors (red-orange, red-violet, yellow-green, yellow-orange, blue-green and blue-violet) are made by mixing a primary color with an adjacent secondary color. The latter is achieved by mixing both primary and secondary colors. Through this, you can create red-orange (vermilion), yellow-orange (amber), yellow-green (chartreuse), blue-green (teal), blue-purple (violet) and red-purple (magenta). But you don't need to rush out and buy a tube of brown acrylic paint.

The three primary colors are red, yellow and blue, and the three secondary colors are orange, green and purple.
Instead, mix primary colors to get brown By Spramani Elaun. What colors do you mix to get brown?

Black, white and gray are not true colors (or hues). This shade can be bought in use to paint the color of mud, or simply anything in a painting which requires a light brown or muddy brown texture. You may have noticed that the easiest way to make the color brown is by mixing a bunch of other colors together and it's true that by doing this you do eventually do make brown. These colors are formed by mixing equal parts of a primary color and one of the secondary colors on either side of it.