Ignoring the warning can cause serious damage to the car. They will tell you fault codes.
Connect the scan tool or code reader into the 16pin OBD diagnostic connector (commonly located on close to the steering column below the dash). How to reset malfunction indicator lamp on honda accord. Have malfunction indicator lamp on how i cac fix that 95 honda civic.

Check Engine Light (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) On How To Read Fault Codes Using A Scan Tool. The indicator light is sometimes also referred as Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL). Related questions Question My car won't start and the word fuse is lighting up on my cluster. Use a scan tool or code reader when your Check Engine light is on, to read the code(s). If possible, do not take your vehicle for an emissions test until the readiness codes are set. Hi there. If the light comes on and stays steady, it means there’s a problem with the emissions system.

The malfunction indicator lamp is on. Check Engine Light (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) On How To Read Fault Codes Using A Scan Tool.
Being aware of the light can prevent more serious damage to the vehicle. I tightened the gas cap and the light went off two days later. Refer to Emissions Testing for more information.

How does this differ from the check engine light. The malfunction indicator lamp will come on for 20 seconds.

Ask a question online now and get answers from expert, top-rated car mechanics. If the malfunction indicator lamp comes on and stays on while the engine is running, this indicates that there is an OBD II problem and service is required. recently the malfunction indicator lamp went back on. Posted by ali_mashta on Sep 14, 2010.

What the P0650 code means A code P0650 will be stored when the engine control module (ECM) or other supporting control module has detected a fault or malfunction with the control circuit of the malfunction indicator lamp. There is a bulletin #0398 posted on 05/12/2003 for P0457 - Malfunction indicator lamp (mil) illumination with diagnostic trouble codes p0442, p0455, p0456, p0457, p1442 or check fuel cap lamp illuminated with diagnostic trouble code p0457. Basic Diagnostic Tools to Help You Fix It Right. If it then goes off, the readiness codes are set. Check Engine Light? DIY General . If it blinks five times, the readiness codes are not set. Use a scan tool or code reader when your Check Engine light is on, to read the code(s). Browse all auto repair and maintenance topics related to Malfunction Indicator Lamp. The fuse light will come on if the engine is not starting up for more than 15 seconds. Want Answer 0. malfunction indicator lamp my 2002 honda accord malfunction indicator lamp light came on and stayed on.

Malfunctions often are indicated by the system before any problem is apparent.

what could - honda 2002 accord question I tightened the gas cap and the light went off two days later. At the same time, the … In this case, it means that a malfunction has been found in the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) control circuit (also known as the check engine light). I would presume that the check engine light refers to an emissions problem, like an oxygen sensor, and the … The malfunction indicator lamp lit up in my 2006 honda accord. This warning light is the main indicator to warn you about problems with the vehicle.

Wahat do you think? recently the malfunction indicator lamp … go to autozne and have them do free engine computer scan.

If the ECM detects a problem, such as sensor data out of sync or air flow readings that don’t “make sense,” it will turn on the check engine light, also known as the malfunction indicator lamp or service engine soon light (CEL, MIL, or SES). Connect the scan tool or code reader into the 16pin OBD diagnostic connector (commonly located on close to the steering column below the dash). Malfunction Indicator Lamp. If it stays on or comes on while driving, it means there’s a code in the computer that needs to be checked. Tag Archives: malfunction indicator lamp. I'd suggest checking with your local dealer, as it may be a fix that is covered by the dealer.