Hawaiian Words of Wisdom. A fairly unusual name made more familiar by one of Barack and Michelle Obama's young daughters. No problem! As a result the islands are also incredibly fertile.

Famous People with the Name Mary - Check the list of Hawaiian famous people named Mary and famous celebrity name Mary as first name or last name.

This name was translated in the West as "Mater Dei" or Mother of God. Source: Mary Kawena Pukui, `Ôlelo No`eau: Hawaiian Proverbs & Poetical Sayings Bishop Museum Press, 1983. The name Malia is a girl's name of Hawaiian origin meaning "bitter".

My name is for me. I just wanted to say that any hawaiian names that is a “translations” from a english name or a name of any other ethnicity that it isnt really hawaiian. The name Melia is the Hawaiian word for "plumeria", a flowering tropical tree that produces long leaves and bunches of pink, yellow, or white flowers.

My mother started teaching me the hula when I was 3 an I done the same with my daughter,an will also do the same with my granddaughter if I am to be blessed with one This name generator will generator 10 random Hawaiian names. Hawaii is a state part of the USA, and has a population of roughly 1.5 million people. Hawaii is a state part of the USA, and has a population of roughly 1.5 million people. Meanings and Origins of Names. Hawaiian Background. If so, you have come to the right place! Let the old men, the old women, and the children go and sleep on the wayside; let them not be molested.

When choosing a name, Ka'iama reminds parents to consider the name's significance in the culture. Marie = Malia Malia does not necessarily mean anything. The name Melia is the Hawaiian word for "plumeria", a flowering tropical tree that produces long leaves and bunches of pink, yellow, or white flowers. 16 names similar to Malia. This name has been borne by two queens of England, as well as a queen of Scotland, Mary Queen of Scots. The rhythmic sounds of the Hawaiian baby names evoke exotic images of nature while staying true to their culture. Makes Grandma Mary or Maria's name fresh and modern. MELIKA f Hawaiian Hawaiian form of MELISSA. E hele ka `elemakule, ka luahine, a me na kamali`i a moe i ke ala `a`ohe mea nana e ho`opilikia. But people are always naming babies after me, so I have many namesakes. Hawaiian baby names can bring a bit of the islands home to you, with names as exotic as they are beautiful. I didn’t include several other names (like … From this derives the title "Blessed Mother". TOMOE'S HAWAIIAN NAMES H - N: Bangles 14k gold or sterling silver Black enamel or raised polished lettering. 236 Hawaiian Baby Names With Meanings. The names are beautiful and reflect the essence of the island in some way and are connected to the island’s beaches, white sand, flora, and fauna. It compromises hundreds of islands created by volcanoes, some of which are still active, and islands continue to be built by this volcanic activity.