We will be hiring a car from Bergen and will return at Trondhein airport. Travel from Bergen to Trondheim and see the most beautiful fjords and cities along the coast of Western Norway. Then plan to rent a car in Bergen for Sunday & Monday .. our flight out of Bergen is on Tuesday. To top it off, you will get to explore the fjords by sea as the tour also includes an overnight cruise on the Hurtigruten … E6 across a great mountain plateau then down long valleys until Trondheim, if you have plenty of time you can make a long detour back to the coast: down Sunndal valley and to Molde (small town, nice area), then along the coast (Atlantic road) and passed Kristiansund to Trondheim. Kristiansund – Trondheim, 200 km, 1 ferry, 3 h 30 min In Kristiansund, we recommend a trip … Follow the path around Eldhusøya island or try your luck at fishing. We're a group of four 30-year olds interested in driving amazing roads, hiking, kayaking, biking, glacier climbing, fjord cruises/boating, camping, and any other nature activities or adventure sports. I have made the following itinerary/plan. I have done Norway winter road trips before so on road condition part of things I think I am ok.. My plan right now at least is to fly into Bergen, rent a car there, take a week to make my way up to Trondheim and another week to make my way back. Bergen to Trondheim road trip planner. Hey folks, I've done lots of research and have finally been able to put together a first draft itinerary as summarized below. Starting and ending in Bergen, this self-guided journey takes you along some of Norway’s most magnificent fjords on your way to the charming cities of Ålesund, Kristiansund and Trondheim. Experience great highlights in Fjord Norway. Kristiansund – Trondheim, 200 km, 1 ferry, 3 h 30 min In Kristiansund, we recommend a trip on the local Sundbåten boat. Duration: 3 days. Hello, I am thinking of doing a 2 week road trip through the western fjords at the end of February. Day 1 - Pick up car in Bergen and travel to Sognefjord to the oldest hotel in Norway. Hello, I am thinking of doing a 2 week road trip through the western fjords at the end of February. Driving in Norway. Departures: Daily departures, all year round. Find the best hotels, restaurants, and attractions based on the most talked about places recommended by Trippy members. Enjoy the lush Hardanger region and dramatic Ryfylke on the road from Bergen to Stavanger. Not the quickest, but definitely the most beautiful drive between Bergen and Trondheim. Here's a sample itinerary for a drive from Bergen to Trondheim. Go on a round trip by car from …

Can you please advise us: 1) Suggestions on each day plan and timeframes We fly from trondheim on the 30th Jan. We have a few places in mind that we would like to visit but would be really grateful for any tips/routes!

Follow the path around Eldhusøya island or try your luck at fishing. customize this … We arrive in bergen on 22nd July, plan to spend a night here then head off on our journey! The Atlantic Road National Tourist Route is an impressive architectural feat, as it winds its way alongside small islands and inlets at the ocean's edge. The Atlantic Road National Tourist Route is an impressive architectural feat, as it winds its way alongside small islands and inlets at the ocean's edge. We're also excited to just relax and hopefully figure out our trip as it happens (while … If you are planning to visit one of the major cities (Oslo, Stavanger, Bergen or Trondheim), chances are you won't need a car. Answer 1 of 7: Hi all, We are planning a road trip from bergen to trondheim. The 4-hour drive will take you to Sognefjord area. It’s the kind of vast, rugged, windswept, beautiful place that panorama functionality on cameras was designed for. We're a group of four 30-year olds interested in driving amazing roads, hiking, kayaking, biking, glacier climbing, fjord cruises/boating, camping, and any other nature activities or adventure sports. Complete freedom, at your own pace. Any help would be much appreciated:) If you're planning a road trip to Trondheim, you can research locations to stop along the way. In the meantime, you can check out these articles about a road trip in Lofoten and one around fjord Norway to help you start planning your own trip. Not the quickest, but definitely the most beautiful drive between Bergen and Trondheim.